Wednesday, April 8, 2009

my latest harebrain scheme….

I tweet what I eat.  I do.  Yeah, I know it’s nutso, I can barely keep up with all the tweeting I’m doing, but, it really does make me think about what I eat when I publish it.

So, I’m going to take a deep breath here, and post the link, maybe it will help keep me on track, maybe not.  But if it all goes poof, you will know that I fell off the wagon yet again, with a big kerthud.

I look back over my stats for the last couple of years, up and down, the same freakin’ 10 pounds, I lose and gain the same 10 lbs. over and over and over again.  Not to mention the other 20 that I should be losing. 

But it’s a new day, so here’s the link, I’ll put the Twitter site in the sidebar when I have time.

It would be great if some of you would join Twitter and follow me.  You could post what you eat, and I can follow you, too.  Information is power….

I’ve tried every diet that comes along, always go back to following Weight Watchers.  I have vowed many times to never eat low carb again, this time I mean it.  My latest disaster last month before Nisha’s son’s wedding with Atkins made me a believer.  I followed Atkins for 10 days and was never so miserable in my entire life.  And it doesn’t work, as soon as you add the carbs back, the weight comes right back…. 

So it’s 18-20 WW points per day.  It’s worked before.  I went to meetings in my early 50’s, I had gained way too much weight after recovering from meningitis, and being on steroids.  I lost 43 lbs. in 14 months and I didn’t cheat.  I felt great, I was a comfortable size  10 and it worked for a couple of years, but then bad habits returned and the weight started coming back.  But I just don’t want to go to the meetings again, I already know the program backward and forward, so this is my latest idea, being accountable online for what I eat, and letting all of you see it.  I’ll give this a try, why not I’ve tried everything else!

Oh, one other thing, I’m really bad about not cooking for myself, – I cook for hubby, then I’m tired, so I  just grab something, and I don’t eat from all the food groups like I should, so my entries are not always well rounded, if you know what I mean….  But I’m trying to do better, and I’m trying to get him to eat what I do….

http://twitter.com/whatdaisyeats

No comments: