Sunday, April 5, 2009

Salsa Chicken review…

It was amazing, it really was. Hubby devoured it! You would never know you were eating healthy, it was so good.

I made it just like the recipe below, (scroll down to view it) except that I used raw chicken tenderloins, they were a bit smaller than the bigger sized breasts so I used 6 total, 1/2 packet of Taco Bell Taco Seasoning Mix so it wouldn't be too salty, and I cooked it on high for 3 hours in my crock. I stirred in 1/2 cup of fat free sour cream at the end, I wondered if I would need a bit of cornstarch to thicken it, but didn’t. It was perfect.

I also fixed Alton Brown’s Baked Brown Rice, my favorite way to make rice, in the oven, and simmered a can of black beans. Ryan always adds Tapatio (hot sauce) to his beans and some cumin, so that’s what I did also. I served the sauce over the rice, I would rate this a ten, it was so good! Try it, you won’t be disappointed.

How could it have been better? Well, if it had a bit of Mexican cheese melted on the top it would be awesome, it would also be good to shred the meat and put the meat and sauce in a tortilla and make a burrito. Lots of possibilities with this recipe!

No comments: