Monday, June 1, 2009

Monday Morning Review…

I’m doing so well, sez Jan, patting herself on back. Hey, I’ve really been diligent, I deserve a pat. I’m down 13.3 lbs. now. You betcha I’m counting every ounce!!!!!

Instead of just making do, eating anything that’s low points to lose weight on a “diet” I’m really trying here to embrace a new lifestyle. I’m trying new recipes, finding healthy choices and enjoying the taste.

I made the most AWESOME banana pancakes, thanks to Roni, who has the most amazing recipes, they are 1 point a pancake, hearty, and filling. I made them exactly like her recipe, except I substituted cinnamon for the nutmeg, and instead of using skim milk I used 8th Continent Soy Milk (Wally World) which is even lower in calories than skim milk, and works great! I ate them with Mrs. Butterworth Sugar Free Syrup and a slice of Morningstar Farms Soy Bacon and it was fantastic, seriously. I think I will add just a bit of salt to the recipe the next time I make it, but other than that, it’s perfect! I love whole wheat flour, love the density of the pancakes, but if you like them a bit lighter, you could use Whole Wheat Pastry Flour – it’s whole grain but not as heavy. I’m a big fan of King Arthur Flour, that’s the brand of whole wheat flour I always use.

My latest trick with bananas, is that I let them get really ripe, until they are black in spots on the skin, and then I put them in a ziploc bag, leave the skin on them and freeze them whole. I take them out of the freezer, let them thaw for a few minutes so I can peel them, or if I’m in a hubby I wave them for 10 seconds, then cut in chunks, they thaw almost instantly. That’s what I did with the banana pancakes and it worked GREAT!

I know, you all want the recipe – here’s Roni’s click…

And so another week begins. And I’m so excited, still. Clothes fit so much better already, another ten pounds and I’ll see a major body change.

Two years ago I lost weight, and I looked at my stats this week. It took me three months two years ago to lose 13 lbs., and that was with daily walking. This year it has taken me just two months to lose 13 lbs., and I haven’t been walking. Isn’t that awesome? I’m two years older and losing faster and eating more. Why? I’m sure it’s because I’ve cut out the junk. I don’t eat processed foods, as I’ve said, a little but not much, as opposed to two years ago when I enhaled frozen diet meals, diet cookies, diet ice cream and ate white bread. And, I’m mixing up those points. I’ll eat 18-20, even 22 for a few days, then kick it back down to 14-6. My body isn’t going into starvation mode and holding onto the fat. I’m losing steadily.

Why am I not walking? Prosthetics aren’t fitting well enough right now for me to do it. It’s complicated, but it’s all about how I’m losing weight in my legs and trying to adjust my fit. So I’m not walking until I’m sure the fit is good. Sore legs or blisters are not fun!

Now I know better, and I’m doing better…

scales

No comments: