Thursday, June 11, 2009

Monday morning review…

Yeah, I know it’s Thursday, but we’ve been at John’s this week, no time to update.  Scales continue to steadily move down, I’ve now lost 14.1 lbs. since April 1.  Slow, yep, but it’s not a horse race, it’s a lifestyle…

Even  though we were in Nashville, and I ate more than I regularly do, I was extremely conscious of what I was doing, and reigned it in.  John and Deanna made monster cookies, a family fave, oatmeal/chocolate chips/nuts/M&M’s– i had 1/3 of a cookie over a two day period.  I choose to taste, not eat, and I made myself  strawberry smoothies to indulge in while the others were eating cookies.

I would love to lose another 3.6 lbs. by July 4th, that would put me down into another set of scale numbers.  I don’t know if I can do it. but I’m going to try.  It’s all about trying, I try every day, and I’m still not fighting what I can’t have, but embracing what I can…  This morning it was homemade whole wheat pancakes, Morningstar Farms Soy Bacon and coffee.  It tasted as good to me as any pancakes I’ve ever eaten.  And yes, I’ll share the recipe with you all, later today.

My family are all good sports, they run by Chick Filet for me, because they know I won’t eat what they do.  Tuesday night John grilled burgers, he had a Boca Burger for me, we went to our favorite Mexican restaurant in Nashville, I took my own Doritoes to dip into the salsa, then had a chicken taco salad without the shell.  It worked.  Was it as good as the others, of course not, but it worked, and I made a Weight Watcher chocolate smoothie when I got home.  1 point, 10 grams of protein, you buy them at Weight Watcher centers, and nope you don’t have to be a member to buy them.  They’re spendy, $7.50 for 7 of them, but that’s not a lot really.  A cup of Starbucks is $4.00…  I looked forward to the Smoothie I was going to have instead of feeling sorry for myself that I couldn’t eat the gooey mexican food.  I can fix WW mexican at home if I’m hungry for it, I have great recipes.

And so  my journey continues, I’m much happier with myself this summer than I was last, because I’m taking control of my life, one day at a time…

 

scales

No comments: