Monday, August 10, 2009

It’s Monday again, more tales from the scale…

I lost just a bit this week, I’m now down twenty one and a half pounds.  After the big loss last week, I’m happy to have gone down even a little bit.  It was a good week, I’m refocused, revitalized, happy with what I’m eating.  I have no complaints.  We went to Deerhead Saturday night, I had catfish, yep, fried catfish and a couple of bites of double stuffed pizza, and felt not a shred of guilt. 

I will continue this journey that I’ve embarked on, I really intend fort this to be a lifestyle change, not a diet.  I made Auntie Em’s Oatmeal Cookies for Ryan and a peanut butter sheet cake, and wasn’t tempted by them at all.  I focused on fresh peaches and cantaloupe instead, and it was delicious.

The guys grilled burgers last night, my burger was pretty pathetic looking, it was so small compared to everybody else, but I ate it, and it tasted delicious, filled me up and I was satisfied.  I ignored the baked beans, and only had a couple of bites of the potatoes.  I’ve found I really don’t need as much food as I thought I did to feel satisfied.  And I’ve also learned that just because calorie laden food is on the table, it doesn’t mean I have to eat it.  I’ve had more meat this week than I normally eat, and that’s okay, too.  I’m adjusting, adapting, and enjoying the entire process.

We’ll see what next week brings, Lindsay’s baby shower is this weekend, and I’m going to just take a day off and eat all the yummy stuff.  If I gain a pound next week, that’s fine, I know I will get back on track when I get home.

I’m a little over five  pounds away from my original goal now, but I can tell you already that I’m going to revise it.  I still want  to lose more, I’ll reset it for an additional ten pounds, then see where I’m at.

I hope that some of you reading this can make a lifestyle change that works  for you, also.  It’s such an empowerment to be in control of what I eat, and it’s amazing how much better my body feels.  But I’ll be honest with you, the best part, is looking in the mirror,  and the face that is smiling back at me isn’t bloated, and the pants that I put on glide over my hips and zip easily with minimum muffin top.  I’m fueling my food with healthy food, so I’m not having heartburn.  I’m eating lots of fiber which is awesome for my digestive system, I’m taking vitamins, drinking a lot of liquids, and my next goal is to do a bit of mediation.

It’s a good day, today, I’m doing this, I really am, one day at a time, and it feels wonderful

1 comment:

Michele said...

You are doing an incredible job, congratulations!!