Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Monday Tales from the scale on a Tuesday…

Still status quo, weight is exactly the same.  I had a couple of days this week that I ate too many points, we went on our annual old(er) lady picnic, and I totally overindulged with the sugar.  But the next day, I was back on track, and no weight gain.  I also went to Olive Garden for minestrone soup and salad, which I absolutely, positively, adore, ate a breadstick, and then another one, which I knew better than to do.  But I did it, that bread gets me every time, so I cut back at dinner time, and squeaked thru without the scales showing a gain. 

I’ve seen pictures of myself lately, and its apparent that this weight loss rodeo isn’t over for me yet.  I’m guessing another 15 lbs. will do, though.  It’s that damned midsection.  Arughhhhh!!!

I can do another fifteen, just have to get myself psyched to lose instead of maintain.  I told hubby yesterday that I really think I’ll make it this time.  Something has changed for me, it really has.  I don’t have it in me to do this again, it’s make it or break it time… I just don’t have the desire to eat unhealthy food anymore, well except for V’s yummy oatmeal cookies with browned butter frosting, everything in moderation.  The 80/20 rule really does work.  I just try and stay out of the restaurants as much as I can, they’re killer.

This week is Fall Festival in Heavensville.  It’s a huge deal for the locals, 130+ food booths, everything imaginable to eat.  We went yesterday, I had a corndog and half of a baked pretzel without the butter. 

Hubby didn’t understand why I ate a 1 point muffin and drank a cup of coffee before we went.  I did it so that I wouldn’t be tempted by all the bad food, and it worked!  I was moderately hungry but able to control it.  I had every intention of having a funnel cake, but passed on it, just didn’t want it.

So life continues to be good, and surprisingly, I’m not nervous eating while I await the birth of this granddaughter.

Staying focused, not tweeting what I eat like I should be, though, kind of burnt out with the tweets, but I’ll get back to it soon.

The next month or so will be a challenge for me, I’m always hungry in the fall.  Body trying to store fat for the winter, ya know.  But I’m going to try a lot of new soup recipes, I’ll post the good ones for you.

I hope some of the rest of you are having success along with me.  One day at a time, one meal at a time, sometimes it’s even one bite at a time…

xoxoxo~ jan

No comments: