Monday, August 31, 2009

Monday Morning, tales from the scale -

It’s the end of August now, the scale is barely moving, but it is moving downward.  I’ve lost a total of 22 lbs. now since I started this lifestyle of eating healthy on April 1st.  When I get frustrated that I’m not losing as fast as I would like, I try to reflect back to where I was when this started, how I looked, how I felt, and I’m definitely in a much better place now.

I continue to consume too many carbs, even though they are healthy, whole grain ones.  I adore bread, always have, always will, it satisfies the soul, and even though I always eat whole grain bread now, usually Nature’s Own 100% Whole Wheat (2 slices for 1 point) I don’t limit myself to two slices per day.  I don’t actually limit myself to anything.  But I am aware of when I’m eating too much and reign it in.  I’m definitely not eating enough vegetables, but I did make vegetable soup yesterday, so that will help this week.  I continue to grab from the fridge and eat instead of cooking meals for myself, I need to concentrate more on actually “cooking” food.  I’m sure I will when the weather is cooler, I find amazing recipes on SparkRecipes.com.  If you aren’t visiting this site, you definitely need to, it’s hands down, the best healthy lifestyle site I’ve ever found.

I’m in a good place though, still highly motivated, still focused, no pity parties here about what I can’t eat, but I am apprehensive about fall, that’s when I store fat for the winter!  Seriously, I am always starved in the fall…

I need to work with this blog, I haven’t added content in awhile.  I’ll update this week, so check back…

scales

No comments: