Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Dreamsicle Smoothie – 1 point!

I’m turning into a real Smoothie lover this summer, thanks to my Bella Cucina bullet blender.  Yesterday I made a great Dreamsicle Smoothie for 1 point, yes, dear hearts, one point!!!!

I’m a Dreamsicle lover, have loved the orangy ice cream on a stick since I was a child, so for me, this is just mind blowing!!!!!

3/4 cup Dannon Lite & Fit Fat Free Vanilla Yogurt

3/4 cup Crystal Light Orange Sunrise Beverage

Splenda to taste

Healthy splash of Fat Free Half & Half

dash of vanilla

crushed ice (about 1/3 cup)

Put everything into the blender and process until slushy.

Here’s how it breaks down – 1 cup of Dannon yogurt is 110 calories, but I only used 3/4 cup, so that coupled with the splash of FFree Half &” Half was only a point – that’s it, no points for anything else.

The flavor was wonderful, but I’m always tweeking, so the next tub of Crystal Lite OrangeSunrise that I make, I’m going to just use half the water it calls for, that way the orange flavor will be even more intense and still no calories.

Whoohoo, works for me!

smoothiesig

No comments: