Monday, June 15, 2009

Monday morning, tales from the scale….

I’ve stayed on program all week, eating below points some days.  I’ve lost 14.5 lbs. now, down from 14.1 last Thursday.  I’m due for a pound or so drop soon.  Maybe next week.

My mood?  Fantastic, still excited, and I made the most wonderful black bean salsa this week.  I’ve been busy, I get in a rut eating the same foods, if you follow my Tweets you realize this, but it’s okay, I like what I eat.  That black bean salsa was wonderful with a salmon burger.   My friend Janet eats black bean salsa on a hot dog with a bun, like a relish.

I’m eating a lot of hummus, too and have found that I like the traditional hummus best.  I prefer it over the garlic, or roasted red pepper, the original has a bit of garlic, and lemon juice, it’s wonderful.  I’m buying it at Aldi’s for $1.69.  I pick up their English cucumbers for $1.00 (English cukes are long and skinny with no seeds, my buddy V loves them, so I tried them and think they are amazing, too).  So I cut slices of cukes and dip in the hummus along with a few cherry tomatoes from my garden, good stuff, filling low calorie, a high protein snack!  I also bought great whole wheat pita chips at Trader Joe’s when I was in Nashville, sometimes I eat those with it, also, with the M&M’s dancing circles for a bite.  They love pita chips!

I have an easy week ahead, just a day trip to Louisville on Wednesday, it’s easy for me to stay on program when I’m home.  I hope to try a couple of new things this week, that’s my goal, just one or two new dishes a week.

Life is good, just for today, it’s working…

sunny

No comments: